The ThinkCure! Auction is a part of the annual ThinkCure! Weekend on June 11th and 12th, 2010. The auction is a chance to bid on once-in-a-lifetime opportunities never before auctioned by the Dodgers!
Bidding has begun! See all the Auction items now!
Fans will get the chance to bid on exclusive items, only available through the ThinkCure! auction, like:
- An opportunity to shag fly balls during Dodger batting practice
- A batting lesson with Dodger hitting coach Don Mattingly
- The chance to sit in the broadcast booth for an inning alongside Hall of Famer Jaime Jarrin and Dodger legend Fernando Valenzuela
- The chance to stand on the field alongside the Dodgers during the National Anthem at a 2010 home game.
- A dinner with Tommy Lasorda
- A meet and greet with Dodger Manager Joe Torre
- The opportunity to drag the field as part of the Dodgers’ ground crew
- A one-inning visit to the radio booth with Rick Monday and Charley Steiner
- The chance to be a Dodger photographer for a game Two baseballs signed by Sandy Koufax
- Among the most popular items last year that will be back again in 2010 include a visit with Hall of Fame broadcaster Vin Scully in his broadcast booth, a 2011 Dodgers Spring Training trip and the chance to throw out the first pitch at a Dodger game, as well as autographed Dodger memorabilia and gift certificates to local restaurants.
In addition, fans can bid on a Gibson guitar signed by Slash, a ride on a Los Angeles Fire Department fire boat, in-studio experiences at KABC, KCAL and KLOS, a set visit with PRIME TICKET, tickets to a movie premiere and numerous CDs and DVDs. The KCAL experience includes a meet and greet with the Los Angeles Dodgers’ all-time leading home run hitter, Eric Karros.
The auction will run until Monday, June 14, following the third annual ThinkCure! Weekend at Dodger Stadium on Friday, June 11 and Saturday, June 12. Last year’s ThinkCure! online auction raised more than $240,000 to fund collaborative and innovative cancer research.
Auction items were donated by the Los Angeles Dodgers, Dodger broadcast partners PRIME TICKET, KABC, KLOS, KHJ and KCBS/KCAL and generous ThinkCure! supporters.
Fans can also donate to the ThinkCure! Weekend online, by calling (866) 554-CURE or by texting CURE to 50555 to make a $10 donation through their mobile phone bill.
Stay connected with ThinkCure! and don't miss your chance to bid again at next year's auction, or any other special events that come up this year.
SIGN UP for emails to find out how your donation makes a difference in the lives of kids and adults fighting cancer DONATE Online WATCH stories of inspiration and hope from patients and their families, Dodgers and celebs. CALL 866-554-CURE (2873) to donate SHARE your personal story about why the fight against cancer is important to you.