Host Your Own Event
Special events play a pivotal role in raising funds and awareness to help find cures for cancer, and we are excited about your interest in hosting your own event to support our cause.
Creating a fundraising event is a rewarding and fun process and we are committed to supporting you with everything that you need so that your hard work and planning results in success.
Some ideas for easy fundraisers you could host are:
- Potluck Giving Circle Dinner: Everyone brings a dish and donates what they would have spent on a dinner out.
- Dinner Out: Ask your favorite restaurant to donate a % of a night's proceeds, and pack it full of your friends!
- Holiday Cocktails: Invite friends for a holiday celebration, and host a raffle or silent auction for gift certificates from local restaurants, spas or bakeries (Ask us how! Email email@example.com).
- Yard Sale: Clean out your closets!
- Bake Sale: Get the neighborhood together for some sweet treats for good.
- Birthday Party: Ask for donations instead of gifts, or raffle off a gift basket from a local business.
- Car Wash: Set up shop at the local gas station or school.
How to Get Started
The first step is to read the ThinkCure! "Host Your Own Event" guidelines below. Then just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Host a Fundraiser” in your subject line, letting us know what type of event you're thinking about hosting and giving us your contact information. We'll contact you within a week to discuss your ideas and give you the support you need to make your event a success.
Take a look at this inspiring success story, featuring Dwayne Ross of the Verve Lounge Salon in Los Angeles. See how easy it is to get your friends and family involved and make a real difference in the fight against cancer.
Host Your Own Event Guidelines
We're sharing the following guidelines to help you make sure that your ThinkCure! fundraising event meets state and federal fundraising regulations.
As the event organizer, you'll be responsible for all sponsors, permits, licenses, insurance and expenses associated with your event.
Event Planning Support
A ThinkCure! Coordinator is available to answer questions on the development of event materials, timelines and other planning issues.
We will provide you with the ThinkCure! logo and collateral materials for use at the Event that help to explain and promote the ThinkCure! mission and message.
We can post your event on our website, include it in emails to our community, and will promote on our Facebook and Twitter pages, if you'd like to reach as many people as possible.
Auctions: A silent auction can be a great, fun way to raise money. If you want to hold an auction, you just need to make sure that you show the fair market value of all items on all bid sheets and/or event programs.
We are committed to being excellent stewards of funds generated through our various fundraising initiatives and place a strong emphasis on financial transparency. Therefore, all Host-Your-Own events should have an expense to gross revenue ratio of no greater than 35%.
100% of net proceeds (event revenue minus expenses) from the Third-Party event must be donated to ThinkCure!.
For more information, please email email@example.com and we'll help you get started.